- Contact the Carlisle Barracks Veterinary Clinic for information prior to your PCS. Call early to find out transportation requirements, especially if traveling OCONUS.
- Most countries require pets to have an ISO compatible microchip and rabies vaccination. Microchips must be implanted prior to administration of a rabies vaccination.
- Contact the airline to ensure you comply with all pet travel regulations.
- Contact your final destination country (if OCONUS) to ensure you are in compliance with all animal import regulations.
- Some OCONUS locations require a FAVN (rabies titer) blood test 4-6 months prior to PCS: Hawaii, Japan, Korea and Guam, etc.
- Plan ahead to schedule an appointment for a veterinary health certificate within 10 days of flight. Bring all documents.
- For more detailed animal import information, please visit:
Army Public Heath Center Animal Health
USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service