Child Development Centers (CDC)
- CDC Locations and Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation for Carlisle Barracks
Monday 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Tuesday 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Wednesday 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Friday 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Saturday Closed Sunday Closed Holidays Closed
Hours of Operation for Letterkenny Army Depot
Monday 5:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday 5:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wednesday 5:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Thursday 5:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday 5:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday Closed Sunday Closed Holidays Closed
- Hourly Care
• Patrons are responsible for payments after services are rendered.
• Payments are based on start/end of reservation.
• Maximum amount of hourly care is 15 hours per week/per child.
• Fee is $5/hour.
• At Moore Child Development Center hourly care is based on space available for infants through toddlers.
• At McConnell Youth Center hourly care is available for ages three to five from 1230 to 1530.
• Snack is provided and USDA approved.
• Medications are not administered at any time.
What to Bring
• Complete set of extra clothing labeled with child’s name.
• All children in attendance must wear closed toe and closed heeled shoes.
• Disposable diapers (diapers are checked every hour. Bring at least 1 for each hour in attendance.
• All bottles must be labeled with child’s name, date, amount and contents.
• The only medication that can be administered in hourly care is rescue meds.
• All rescue medications must be prescribed and come in their original containers labeled with the child's and physician's name and date of prescription. If rescue meds are not provided, care will be denied.
• All children with rescue meds must have MIAT information or MAPS accompany them.
• Basic Care items (i.e. diaper creams, lip balm) are administered in hourly care, with a corresponding Basic Care Item.
Cancellations, No Show, Late Policies
• Reservations must be cancelled by 8 a.m. the morning of or, the household will be charged the entirety of the reservation.
• Late pick up fees will be applied at $1 per minute after reservation ends.
- Full Day
Services offered to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Professionally trained staff
- Large playgrounds
- Developmentally appropriate activities
- Lesson plans developed using Creative Curriculum©
- Rooms equipped with state-of-the-art early childhood equipment
- Daily USDA approved breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Part Day Preschool
This program provides a variety of activities to assist children with school readiness. Emphasis is placed on technology, the arts, physical development (including both gross motor and fine motor development), math, science, and literacy.
Children ages 3-5 (who are potty trained) are eligible for enrollment in this program. Part Day Preschool offers children an opportunity to socialize with other children while building readiness skills for school.
The program is offered 5 days a week from 0830 to 1130 at McConnell Youth Center.
- Child Nutrition Program
Meals are provided as part of our fee and includes breakfast, morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack.
We dine in a family-style setting where children are encouraged to serve themselves and help clean up. Self-reliance skills are taught.
We participate in the US Dept. of Agriculture Child Nutrition Program. Our pre-approved menus comply with USDA meal requirements.
USDA supplies nutrition guidance, educational materials and a financial reimbursement.
Childcare cost is based on Total Family Income (TFI).
TFI is defined as all earned income including wages, salaries, tips, special duty pay (demo, flight, and sea pay), long-term disability benefits, voluntary salary deferrals, retirement or other pension income including SSI paid to the spouse and VA Benefits paid to the surviving spouse before deductions for taxes.Parent fees are determined during the registration process prior to enrollment in a regularly scheduled program and annually thereafter. Fees are also adjusted if there is a change, such as unemployed spouse finding employment. All fees are subsidized.
Payments can be made online at WebTrac. When you sign in for the first time, you will be asked to personalize your account. You will then have access to all online services, to include paying your bill, tax forms, and other conveniences.
Payments for child care can also be made at the Moore Child Development Center, the Tieman Child Development Center, or the McConnell Youth Center.
Ages 6 weeks to Kindergarten
Child Development Centers (CDC) are on-post child care centers that offer full-day, part-day and hourly care for children, in nationally accredited environments. See the table below to view the services offered at each CDC.
Active duty military personnel, reservists on active duty, DOD contractors and DOD civilians are eligible sponsors for this program.
|Moore||Full Day, Part Day Preschool, Hourly Care|
|Tieman||Full Day, Part Time, Hourly Care|