Virtual Halloween Parade
Thursday, 29 October 2020
Today's Halloween Parade is canceled due to inclement weather. As an alternative, Child and Youth Services will hold a virtual Halloween Parade.
Interested parents can submit a photo of your child's creative, scary, or spooky Halloween costume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Halloween masks are encouraged.
Included with your email submission, please let us know if we have your approval to release your child's photo. Approved photos will be posted on our Facebook page.
Judges will award a prize to one winner in each category for each age group. One pet and one family will also win a prize. Be sure to let us know which category you are entering and provide your contact information.
The categories are:
- Most Creative
- Best Pet
- Best Family
- 4 and under
- 5-7 years
- 8-10 years
- 11-18 years
Parents can submit one photo for each child, family, or pet per category.
The deadline for picture submission is 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 2. We will announce the winners on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Please note: There is no Trick-or-Treating on Post after the Halloween Parade. Trick-or-Treating on Post is scheduled for 31 October 2020 from 1700-2000 for Carlisle Barracks residents; CAC holders; and pass holders only.
Guidelines for parents and trick-or-treaters:
If you're sick, stay home.
- Adhere to social-distancing guidelines by standing six feet apart leaving distance between them and people walking the other direction.
- Have kids wear a face mask. (Many costumes could easily incorporate one.)
- Have a parent accompany children, regardless of age, to hold them accountable with mask wearing and social distancing.
- Carry a flashlight and be sure children have reflective clothing.
- Avoid congregating around doorsteps and porches.
- Use hand sanitizer after receiving candy from each house.
- Do not eat candy while trick-or-treating — parents should make certain hands are clean before kids start touching their faces and eating candy.
- Make certain kids wash their hands as soon as they get home.
- Have kids remove their costumes and shower.
31 October: Trick-or-Treating (on post)
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Refer to guidelines for trick-or-treaters and candy providers. Trick-or-Treating on Post is for Carlisle Barracks residents; CAC holders; and pass holders only.
In light of COVID-19, all participants MUST pre-register for the 2020 CYS Halloween Parade prior to the date of the parade, 29 October 2020.
In order to pre-register for the parade, please contact the McConnell Youth Center front desk by calling:
Check-in at registration when arriving for Halloween Parade.