An official army family and MWR Site

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. What services* does CYS provide?

  • Full-day child care
  • Part-day preschool
  • Youth Sports
  • Kids on Site
  • Seasonal Camps            
  • SKIESUnlimited   
  • Open recreation for teens
  • Hourly care
  • Strong Beginnings Pre-K program
  • Recreational classes
  • Before/after-school programs

 * Not all programs are offered at every garrison. Please check with your local CYS office to verify availability of programs.


2. What can be provided as proof of eligibility?

The sponsor’s ID card is used to prove eligibility for services. In order to prove legal guardianship, the sponsor will need to provide a birth certificate or DEERS enrollment form for each child to be enrolled.


3. Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns?

Contact your local Parent Central Services (PCS) office by email, phone or in person in order to get your questions answered. 


4. Where can I register?

Registration paperwork can be found on the Carlisle MWR website page. In addition, you can contact the Parent Central Services (PCS) office to request fillable registration paperwork for all age levels. Once completed, contact the PCS office to schedule an in-person appointment to register your children.

Please note: Patrons with middle school and teen (MST) youth (in 6th-12 grade) do not need an appointment to register their dependents. Youth who have completed 5th grade are considered 5th graders until they attend their first day of 6th grade.


5. What do I need to register?

  • Government ID
  • Contact information
  • Two emergency contacts
  • Immunization Documentation, unless school age children are enrolled in a local public school system where proof of currency of vaccination is required
  • Deployment orders (if applicable)
  • LES/pay voucher, student letter (college, vocational, etc.) or seeking employment verification
  • Completed registration paperwork prior to your appointment date and time


6. What full-day or before/after-school child care is available?

We offer three child care options

  1. Family Child Care Providers (currently seeking providers)
  2. On-Base Child Care Centers (McConnell Youth Center)
  3. Army Fee Assistance for Off-Base Child Care


7. How often must I register and why?

The Department of Defense requires children's records be updated at least annually for their health, safety and well-being. In addition, DoD requires the each household’s Total Family Income (TFI) to be calculated on an annual basis.  


8. When does my child need a sports physical?

Sports physicals are required by the first practice for your child to participate. The child may not participate until a sports physical has been completed by a physician. Sports physicals are required for seasonal competitive sports: baseball, basketball, soccer, sports’ clinics and youth fitness programs.

Please note: A school physical will not clear a child/youth to play CYS sports on post. A CYS Health and Sports Assessment (HASP) or PIAA sports physical will need to be completed. The physician needs to ensure he/she checks off the box clearing the child/youth for sports.


9. When do I need to complete a health assessment for my child?

The health assessment is required 30 days from the date of registration if your child does not have any type of special needs. The health assessment is due every three years unless there are changes in your child’s medical condition before then.

Please note: If you child has any type of special need to include, but not limited to: asthma, autism, ADD/ADHD, speech therapy, food allergies, learning disabilities, developmental delays, down’s syndrome, diabetes, seizures, etc., a Multi-Disciplinary Inclusion Action Team (MIAT) team meeting may need to be completed before a child can be enrolled in care and/or sports.


10. Are immunizations required to register?

Yes. Children five years and under need proof of immunizations. In addition, school-age children who are enrolled in private schools, cyber schools or are home schooled must provide a copy of their immunization records.


11. What if my child needs special accommodations?

We welcome children with special needs. Every child will receive a recommended care plan based on the information presented during the Multi-Disciplinary Inclusion Action Team (MIAT) meeting. 


12. Are there exceptions to fees based on total family income for special circumstances?

Yes. Commanders have the authority to grant financial hardship waivers and must consider the balance of Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) income and Appropriated Fund (AF) support as they approve waivers. Approved fees must be within the fee categories established by DoD.


13. Are there discounts for multiple children from the same family?

Patrons pay full price for the first child enrolled in a regularly scheduled program according to their Total Family Income (TFI). Every additional child enrolled in a regularly scheduled program receives a Multiple Child Reduction (MCR) of 15% off their full fee per child.


14. What is available to me if I am retired?

Sports and SKIESUnlimited classes are available to retirees’ Families. Retirees are allowed to use services on a space-available basis when there are no other eligible user on the wait list.


15. What types of programs and activities are offered for middle school students and teens?

  • Leadership Activities
  • Girls & Guy Talk
  • Youth Sports
  • Power Hours
  • Technology
  • Leisure Activities and Special Events
  • Open Recreation (1300 on school breaks)
  • Babysitter Course
  • Volunteer Opportunities


16. What does the School Support Services Office do?

The School Liaison Officer works in conjunction with the CYS Division and the local school community to address educational issues involving military children. Through partnering with the local and military community, the School Liaison Officer acts as a communication link between the installation and the surrounding school districts. 


17. How do I use Military Child Care (MCC)?


Go to to create an account containing information about your family, or to login using an existing username and password.


Search the system for the child care options that best fit your needs and submit your request for care.


You can manage your requests for care from anywhere in the world.


Keep your My Profile page up-to-date with important information.